Come together with manufacturers and the broader supply chain for an evening with Halifax Advisory Board. This event is a critical component of CME’s overall advocacy agenda and a great opportunity to educate members of the Advisory Board on your challenges.
10:00 – 11:15 Advisory Board Meeting (Board Members only)
11:15 – 12:00 Networking Reception
Noon – 2:00 Holiday Luncheon with Keynote
The thinking that got you here won’t get you there
Scaling an organization is extremely difficult work. Most fail. Matt works tirelessly to help you make sense of the messy middle and grow your organization. Matt loves to help others. Over the last 10 years, Matt has helped more than 350 organizations improve, innovate, and grow. Internally at Symplicity, he is responsible for that same growth journey. Not only can he speak from having helped others grow their own business, but he can speak candidly about the trials and tribulations of growing Symplicity Designs along the way.
Matt completed his BA/BEd from the University of New Brunswick and his MA at Wilfrid Laurier University. He is currently on leave from his PhD studies as he works to grow Symplicity Designs. He is thrilled to be able to work with clients to shift the organizational paradigm – Business can serve a client, be better for the world, and inspirational for the people who go to work everyday. Getting to that point with every business is what gets him out of bed every morning.
What You Will Learn
Out of the original fortune 500, only 65 remain. Why? What do high performing organizations do differently? It turns out there are a couple of consistent trends you can find in all of the organizations that stand the test of time. And they are not that complex but they are difficult to execute on. This keynote dives into the gap between high performance and the rest. It will answer the following questions:
- How do you build leadership capacity on your team so they are able to face new market challenges?
- What does it mean to operate with a strategic process instead of a strategic plan?
- What are the best organizations in the world doing to thrive in all market conditions?
- How do you align choice that creates the most value in the marketplace for the customer and for you?
- How can you lead change by engaging the right people at the right time?
- What are the right processes to work on, at the right time, to deliver more value at a lower cost?
- Is it possible for your business to thrive without you?