Green (energy, environmental and material) wastes impact competitiveness, the bottom line, customer relationships and employee retention. CME’s Lean & Green programs help manufacturers apply Lean concepts to energy and material reduction to increase profitability. By applying Lean tools to the seven key environmental wastes, Lean & Green helps participants realize short and long-term savings.
This workshop will provide a practical overview, real-world success stories and the hands-on tools needed to apply Lean thinking to include overlooked environmental waste, including the seven key environmental wastes that represent potential for significant savings. Take Lean to the next level, with this Lean and Green 101 workshop.
ABOUT LEAN & GREEN COACHING
The Lean & Green Coaching Program is designed to help organizations realize cost savings, increase revenues, mitigate risk, enhance engagement and strengthen overall competitiveness. By focusing on improving environmental performance, CME’s coaching program supports and accelerates the implementation of opportunities identified in the Lean & Green Diagnostic. Participation in Lean & Green Coaching is exclusive to organizations that have completed the Diagnostic component of the Lean & Green program.
WE ALSO OFFER LEAN & GREEN DIAGNOSTICS
Designed for manufacturers who have integrated Lean thinking into their operations, the Lean & Green Diagnostic will identify opportunities to reduce costs, generate revenue, mitigate risk and increase competitiveness through improved environmental performance.
There are currently no upcoming sessions for both Lean & Green Coaching and Lean & Green Diagnostics. Check back later or complete the ask us a question form to get in touch with your local CME representative.
Costs may vary by province and may be eligible for government funding. Select your preferred location to view the prices for CME members and non-members.
ASK US A QUESTION
Why Lean & Green?
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will:
- Understand how green (environmental) wastes impact nearly every aspect of manufacturing operations;
- See how a focus on reducing green waste will enable organizations to not only survive but thrive under the recently announced provincial and federal prices on carbon;
- Identify the seven key wastes associated with green thinking;
- Be able to implement proven and dynamic process for green waste elimination that build on existing continuous improvement processes and Lean thinking;
- Integrate Lean & Green process with existing processes and programs;
- Apply Lean tools to environmental savings, green value stream mapping.
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
Anyone currently engaged in Lean and continuous improvement efforts and any employee who will participate in these efforts going forward.
Why lean & green Coaching?
Organizations who participate in the coaching program will receive 5 on-site coaching days. The coaching program will be customized for the organization based on its unique challenges and opportunities. While the coaching will be customized and naturally evolve over time, generally, coaching will focus on:
- Implementing the opportunities and Go Forward Plan presented in the organization’s Lean & Green Diagnostic
- Ensuring clear goals and objectives are set around environmental performance
- Establishing clear KPI’s and metrics to measure environmental performance
- Engaging employees in the initiative
- Gaining buy-in from across the organization
- Building clear business cases for green opportunities
- Integrating environmental improvements with existing programs and strategies
- Training staff and management as required
- Setting up visual boards, communication boards etc.
- Building internal capacity around Lean and Green
- Developing systems to sustain and drive future improvements
On-site coaching is complemented with remote coaching calls between the on-site sessions to ensure progress. Organizations also receive tools and resources to support their specific initiatives.
who can benefit from Lean & Green Coaching?
Organizations that have integrated Lean thinking into their organizations, are mindful of environmental impact and or upcoming changes in the regulatory environment, and have completed the Lean & Green diagnostic.
WHY LEAN & GREEN DIAGNOSTICS?
Organizations that undergo a Lean & Green diagnostic will:
- receive specific opportunities for improving environmental performance, and understand their potential cost savings and other benefit
- have a general understanding of the payback period for each opportunity
- be provided with a go forward plan for implementing the opportunities identified
- receive a benchmarked on overall environmental performance
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM LEAN & GREEN diagnostics?
Organizations that have integrated Lean thinking into their organizations, are mindful of environmental impact and or upcoming changes in the regulatory environment and are ready to take the next steps.