Lean is all about engaging people in the spirit of continuous improvement and CME Lean Level 1 (Yellowbelt) provides an in-depth introduction to Lean with an emphasis on the five core Lean principles and waste reduction. Facilitated by experts with real-world experience, this five-day program is focused on hands-on learning. This training can be taken in-person or online remote facilitated.
Participants complete group simulations and homework assignments to apply the tools they learn to improve company processes. It will include the importance of creating a safe and effective work environment, allowing for physical distancing and workplace sanitization routines to protect employees from potential exposure to COVID-19.
Our Lean Level I Yellowbelt curriculum has been updated to help manufacturers navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
Costs may vary by province and may be eligible for government funding. Select your preferred location to view the prices for CME members and non-members.
UPDATED CANCELATION POLICY
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, CME has adjusted our cancellation policies to allow members the greatest flexibility to put health and safety first while benefiting from the world-class training CME provides. Cancellations received in writing 10 days prior to the first day of the course will be reimbursed 100 per cent of the purchase price. Cancellations received fewer than 10 business days are eligible for a 50 per cent reimbursement. Participants who are not able to attend an in-person session due to illness or self-isolation will be offered the opportunity to participate virtually where possible, or to send a delegate in their stead (for single-day sessions or where missed day occurs on day one of a multi-day course).
Where neither is an option, CME will apply a credit or allow the participant to re-enroll at a later session start date to continue their learning at no additional cost.
Ask Us A Question
COURSE LENGTH & TIME COMMITMENT
- Participants: 5 days in session, plus required homework/applied
- Course takes place over 5 weeks
- Module 1 | Introduction to Lean
- Module 2 | Value Stream Mapping
- Module 3 | 5S and Standard Work
- Module 4 | Huddle Boards & Visual Controls
- Module 5 | Hands on Simulation, Group Presentation & Graduation
- Understand Lean and continuous improvement principles and tools
- Develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to apply basic Lean tools and contribute fully to the problem solving or continuous improvement activities within the organization
- Be able to participate meaningfully in Lean and continuous improvement efforts
WHO CAN BENEFIT
Anyone currently engaged in Lean and continuous improvement efforts and any employee who will participate in these efforts going forward.