Falls on the same level are the third leading cause of injuries in manufacturing. In this workshop, we will review the main components of a slips, trips and falls prevention program and how it can be implemented at your workplace.
WHAT YOU WILL DISCOVER
- Why do we slip and trip? The factors that cause slips and trips in the workplace.
- Types of flooring that help prevent slips and trips and how to select them.
- How to set up an effective footwear policy for slips prevention and how to choose the right footwear.
Strategies and tips to set up a housekeeping and floor cleaning policy.
- Winter weather preparation plans for slips and trips prevention.
- Workplace procedures and practices that prevent slips and trips in the workplace.
facilitator - Jose Barranco Industry Specialist – Manufacturing, WorkSafeBC
Jose Barranco joined WorkSafeBC as an Industry Specialist after working for Amazon.com as Health & Safety Manager, he previously worked for Procter & Gamble as Regional Safety Manager and was responsible for the Americas Machine Safety Program. During his tenure at P&G Jose led the regional machinery retrofit program to make legacy equipment compliant with ANSI, ISO and CSA standards. This project spanned through 19 manufacturing sites and 7 countries where equipment types ranged from diapers converting lines to laundry detergent bottling equipment. Jose holds a Bachelor in Mechatronics Engineering and a CRSP certification.