OVERVIEW ONTARIO'S LEADING WORKPLACE SAFETY INSURANCE ADVOCATE
A CME Ontario Program Offering the Employers’ Advocacy Council (EAC), as part of Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters (CME), is Ontario’s leading non-profit workplace safety insurance advocate since 1985.
Representing employers from all sectors and all sizes , EAC keeps its members informed via its parent organization, CME, on workplace safety insurance through information, education and advocacy.
Through our advocacy, workshops and Safety Group program, we have been working with employers to reduce worker compensation costs, the number of worker claims and to prevent workplace injuries across Ontario.
MISSION & VALUES
The mission of the Employers’ Advocacy Council is to advance and protect the interests of all EAC participating firms with respect to key Ontario workplace safety insurance needs.
- Leadership and Education
- Pledge to Workplace Safety
- Respect and Integrity
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Continuous Improvement
CME H&S SUCCESSES
Some of the H&S items that CME has realized success on include:
- CME has been recognized by the Ottawa Hill Times as Canada’s most successful and active lobby group.
- Influenced a multi-year freeze to the WSIB premium rates.
- Worked with the government to get unfunded liability reduced from $14 billion to $7 billion
- CME Safety Groups (3) have received close to $40 Million in rebates since the inception of the program in 2011. CME is also proud to be a founding member of the WSIB Safety group program.
- Click [here] for more information on CME’s successes that impact your business
HEALTH & SAFETY SYMPOSIUM
Save the date!
More details to come …
- Stay up-to-date with what’s new and what’s changing at the WSIB and MOL
- Get discounted prices on EAC’s workplace insurance workshops, the Workplace Health & Safety Wellness Symposium and other CME events
- Complimentary webinars on relevant topics
- Access to over seventy sample health and safety standards, policies, and procedure documents through our exclusive Safety Group Website Resources
- Access to a Paralegal Partner Program to assist you with your workers’ compensation questions.
- Helps you stay informed and be a part of the conversation with the Knowledge Exchange Program and LinkedIn Group Discussion Forum
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
Ontario employers from all sector and all sizes interested in reducing worker compensation costs, the number of worker claims and to prevent workplace injuries.
If your company has 20 or more employees, you must, by law, have a joint health and safety committee (JHSC).
FEES & REGISTRATION
EAC is a free program for CME members. Learn more about CME Membership.
For other sectors – including Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Grocery Stores, etc. – annual registration fee is based on company size
Contact us for more information.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT RENEWALS
Moving forward, the program will operate on a set yearly basis and cover participation from April 1st to March 31st. Look for an email in the coming week on the status of your membership.
- If you have already paid for your renewal between December 2018 to February 2019, you will receive a completed registration email to the original email address provided;
- For renewals from March 2019 to April 2019 please register now to continue your participation in the program; and
- For renewals from May 2019 to November 2019, a separate email with further instructions will be sent to you by the end of July.
We have updated our renewal system to include:
- Online registration;
- Secure payment processing; and
- Yearly renewal on April 1st for all companies starting in 2020.