OVERVIEW - MAKING YOUR WORKPLACE SAFER
A strong safety track record not only lowers cost, improves operational efficiency, and supports legal compliance but also drives retention, boosts employee satisfaction, and a host of other business KPIs. Safety sells itself.
The Health and Safety Excellence Program is a WSIB performance-based recognition program designed to provide a clear roadmap for Ontario businesses to improve workplace health and safety.
Over the past year, CME HSEP members have received $1.8 million back in rebates.
As an approved provider of the Health and Safety Excellence Program and a founding sponsor of the old WSIB Safety Group Program, and now the new Health and Safety Excellence Program since 2000, CME can help your organization build a health and safety program that will make all employees’ lives safer and as a bonus save you money.
If the pandemic has taught us anything about health and safety, it’s how crucial they really are. Whether you’re just getting started or want to optimize systems and processes you already have, CME’s Health and Safety Excellence Program can help you reach your goals and create a safe and healthy working environment.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Learn More: Attend a CME HSEP information session or contact James Ebidia, Health & Safety Excellence Program (HSEP) Specialist, to learn more about the program and the business case for health and safety.
2. Join: Choose CME as your approved provider, complete an assessment, and select 1-5 topics to work on for the year.
3. Develop: Learn and implement safety topic(s) with the support of CME.
4. Demonstrate: Submit evidence of implementation for review by a WSIB validator.
5. Achieve: Receive rebates and non-financial recognition.
Each cycle of the Health and Safety Excellence Program is 12-months. Registration is open all year long – you can join at any time.
WHY JOIN - THE CME ADVANTAGE
Joining CME’s Health and Safety Excellence Program is an investment in creating a safer workplace for you and your co-workers:
- Earn rebates and lower your premiums (Over the past year, CME HSEP members have received $1.8 million back in rebates)
- Receive public recognition badges and awards to show employees and customers your commitment to health and safety
- Obtain support and one-on-one guidance from CME’s dedicated health and safety specialist. As an industry veteran with over 30 years’ experience, James has worked with both unionized and non-unionized companies of all sizes, and he has considerable experience with health, safety, and claims management
- Gain access to networking opportunities with other manufacturers, attend regular group meetings, and share best practices
- Receive exclusive access to CME Health and Safety Excellence Program member resources
- Improve your health and safety experience and build a well-crafted and functional health and safety program
- Acquire access to exclusive discounts including: CME MadeSafe training, conferences, workshops, consulting, and a 10% discount for you AND all your employees at Mark’s Work Warehouse
- Companies require an active WSIB account to be eligible.
- Both Schedule 1 and Schedule 2 firms can participate; however, financial rebates are available for Schedule 1 firms only.
- Companies must be in good standing with the WSIB.
- $850 + HST for CME members
- $1350 + HST for Non-members
ASK US A QUESTION