The Excellence Group rewards businesses that incorporate prevention measures into their daily practices. The key idea behind the program is that a well-integrated workplace health and safety program makes good business sense. Firms from similar or different businesses volunteer to form a group with a collective purpose: to learn from each others experience in the implementation and continuous improvement of injury and illness prevention programs. At the beginning of each year, businesses select one to five safety topics that they will initiate or improve upon from the 36 topics that WSIB offers. Your business will learn how to implement these initiatives by attending meetings, sharing ideas and pooling resources with other firms in the Excellence Group. Firms will receive a rebate for each topic they successfully implement.
WHY EXCELLENCE GROUP
- Training: The fulfillment of the WSIB Excellence Program requirements along with a variety of topics such as Return to Work, Claims Management, Workplace Violence, Machine Guarding etc.
- Access to Professionals: Support and guidance from a variety of sources such as experts from the fields of Health and Safety including the WSIB, Ministry of Labour, Office of the Employer Adviser, etc.
- On-site training: In addition to the training offered at each meeting, we can organize specialized training to assist you in completing your topics.
- HSEP and CME Resources: Discounts for HSEP and CME conferences and workshops held across the province, publications and up-to-date information.
- Networking Opportunities: In person at group meetings or by email with participants across Ontario to share best practices, policies and procedures, experiences and the ability to mentor other firms. HSEP also maintains a web page exclusively for the HSEP Group that includes meeting dates and locations, and handouts.
- Additional WSIB Rebate: In 2018, the CME EAC Safety Group participating firms received a combined rebate in excess of $7 million.
WHO CAN BENEFIT
To participate in the HSEP Group, your business must:
- Have commitment from senior management to participate in the program
- Create and enhance a safety culture in the workplace
- Be a Schedule 1 or a Schedule 2 firm in good standing with the WSIB
- Be committed to participating for a least one full calendar year
- Participate in only one HSEP group at a time
- Meet specific program requirements
Henry Decloe, Safety Group Specialist
Henry has over 25 years experience in industry, with organizations of all sizes, both unionized and nonunionized, from family run to large international companies. As a Health and Safety Coordinator, some of his hands-on experience includes helping organizations handle the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board claims, the Ministry of Labour visits, employee training and preventative measures. Henry has helped implement health and safety management systems and has represented and coached companies in the HSEP Group for the past six years.
FOR MORE INFORMATION DOWNLOAD OUR ONE-PAGERS
|2020 CVMA EXCELLENCE GROUP||2020 MAGNA EXCELLENCE GROUP||2020 MULTISECTOR EXCELLENCE GROUP|