Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters (CME) in New Brunswick, will be hosting our Annual Manufacturing Day 2022 on Wednesday, June 1, in Fredericton. CME’s Manufacturing Day provides a tremendous opportunity to network with members of the manufacturing and export community within the New Brunswick economy, in an informal and friendly setting.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER - HON. BLAINE HIGGS, PREMIER
Much has changed since we last welcomed Premier Blaine Higgs to CME NB Manufacturing Day. Hear what he has to say about all things provincial including our economy and the budget, manufacturing and our export market, taxes of all shapes and sizes, plus priorities for 2022.
First elected to the Legislative Assembly on September 27, 2010, Blaine Higgs served as Minister of Finance from 2010 to 2014. He was re-elected in 2014, 2018 and again in 2020, representing the riding of Quispamsis.
In November 2018, he formed the first minority government in 100 years and became the 34th Premier of New Brunswick. In September 2020 he formed a majority government with his second mandate from the people of New Brunswick.
Born in Woodstock, he graduated from the University of New Brunswick with a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering. Following university, he joined Irving Oil Ltd., where he held numerous positions of increasing responsibility in engineering, refining operations, and in the transportation sector. Prior to retirement in May 2010, he was Director of Logistics and Distribution. He also served on the Board of Directors for Canaport LNG and the New Brunswick Gateway Council.
New Brunswick’s economy is dependent on manufacturing and exporting as our sector is responsible for 90 percent of provincial exports and nearly 32,000 direct jobs in the province.
We would like to take this opportunity to personally invite you to this celebration that will bring together industry, government and stakeholders of manufacturing and exporting in New Brunswick.
- Dr. Herb Emery – Vaughn Chair in Regional Economics, University of New Brunswick
- Denis Caron – President & CEO, Port of Belledune
- Norm Sawyer – President, ION Nuclear Consulting Limited
- Nathalie Batten – Vice President of Operations, Organigram
- Dennis Darby – President and CEO, Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters
- Elise Maheu – National Board Chair, Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters
The day will include:
- The Speaker Series – an afternoon filled with industry and stakeholder speakers discuss relevant manufacturing topics such as The New Brunswick Manufacturing Outlook, Exporting in 2022, Manufacturing from the ground up and The NB Nuclear Roadmap.
- Networking Reception with industry and stakeholders
- Supper with Keynote Speaker – Hon. Blaine Higgs, Premier of New Brunswick
- 1:00 pm Speaker Series
- 5:15 pm Networking Reception
- 6:45 pm Supper