2023 Conference – Embracing Solutions: Talent • Technology • Technique
Manufacturing Insights is excited to present Embracing Solutions: Talent • Technology • Technique in partnership with the Government of Canada’s Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA), Newfoundland and Labrador’s Department of Industry Energy and Technology (IET), and Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters NL.
Join us on Wednesday, June 14th, 2023, for our full-day conference featuring insights and solutions to our sector’s biggest challenges and opportunities.
- TALENT: The ongoing shortage of skilled labour and how to get the workers you need for day-to-day operations
- TECHNOLOGY: Integration of technology and digitalization into work processes
- TECHNIQUE: Incorporating LEAN techniques to build a corporate culture of continuous improvement is vital for business success.
- Opportunities for Manufacturers & Exporters | Dennis Darby, President & CEO | Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters (CME)
- Panel Discussions: Real-life examples of solutions that work right here in Newfoundland and Labrador (NL).
1) Talent & Technique Solutions that Work, and
2) Technology’s Role in Innovative Solutions.
- Snapshot of Labour, Skills, and Technology Adoption with Alan Arcand, CME’s Chief Economist
- Keynote Speaker Jayson Myers, CEO of Next Generation Manufacturing Canada (NGen) – Advanced Manufacturing: Canada’s Competitive Advantage.
- Advanced Manufacturing Cluster NL:
- David Haire | Vice President, CME NL and Executive Director Made Safe NL
- Christy Michalak | Director, Advanced Manufacturing Development Programs, NGen
- Mark Gillingham | President, PolyUnity Inc. | Director, CME National Board
- Success Stories of Emerging NL Start-ups (Genesis Centre)
- Networking Opportunities throughout the day to connect with like-minded manufacturing professionals, business owners, and stakeholders that can support your business goals.
THANK YOU TO OUR PARTNERS
Advanced Manufacturing: Canada’s Competitive Advantage
Jayson Myers is the Chief Executive Officer of Next Generation Manufacturing Canada, Canada’s Advanced Manufacturing Supercluster, an initiative funded by the Government of Canada that will leverage more than $500 million over the next three years in collaborative, industry-led projects aimed at building world-leading advanced manufacturing capabilities in Canada.
Jay is an award-winning business economist who specializes in industrial and technological change. Between 2007 and 2016, he served as President & CEO of Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters, Canada’s largest industry and trade association.
Jay has been widely recognized as one of Canada’s most influential economic policy advocates. He is an advisor to private and public sector leaders and has counselled Canadian prime ministers, premiers, senior corporate executives, and policymakers worldwide.
He is a member of the Advisory Board of the World Manufacturing Forum and a leading advocate on the world stage on behalf of advanced manufacturing in Canada.
For More Information
Wanda Jarvis – Project Coordinator
LIMITED EVENT SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE.
To learn more, contact David.firstname.lastname@example.org