Tool #1: “Starting the Discussion on Gender Inclusion & Diversity” Kick-off Workshop
This presentation introduces the topic of gender inclusion and diversity at the workplace. Think of this tool as a great way to start the conversation on how to make the workplace more attractive to female talent, and more inclusive to current female co-workers.
There are two ways you can draw value from this presentation:
1. Use the Powerpoint version as a resource to facilitate your own session. The presentation is designed to be easy to understand and accessible to all. The speaking notes add some context to help your facilitators run the session smoothly for groups of your people.
2. Read the PDF version to learn about the topic on your own. We also included an easy-to-read version of the presentation for people to read through if they couldn’t make the live presentation, or it isn’t being offered at your company.
- Have a clearer idea of the state of Canadian manufacturing as it relates to gender inclusion/diversity
- Start to think of ways your company can become more gender-inclusive
- Be on your way to becoming a champion of women in manufacturing
ACCESS THE POWERPOINT/PDF BY FILLING OUT THE FORM ON THIS PAGE
Tool #2: Inclusion & Diversity Roadmap
This roadmap provides a visual representation of what your Inclusion and Diversity learning path will be so you’ll be able to map out your learning plan and check off steps as you move through your learning. The goal is to take you from what you know now, to become a champion in this area.
By using this roadmap you’ll understand what each tool is, what you’ll learn from each tool, and how to use each one.
We tailored the roadmap to fit for 4 different roles. Please use the one that best fits your role within your organization. The 4 roadmaps are:
- Human Resources Team
- Team Leaders
- Executive Team
ACCESS THESE ROAD MAPS BY FILLING OUT THE FORM ON THIS PAGE
Tool #3: Respect in the Workplace Self-Assessment
This tool is a course to learn about respect in the workplace, how each person can make their workplace more inclusive, and the steps people can take to respond to disrespectful and inappropriate behaviour. At the end of this course, participants will receive a certification showing that they have completed it.
This course is offered by the Respect Group and is a certification course. CME member organizations can purchases licenses to Respect in the Workplace at a discounted price. To learn more about licensing, please contact the Respect Group’s Regional Director, Danica Kelly.
Employees, who want to participate should reach out to your executive team to see if this course is offered, if you don’t already know.
- Understand how to create an inclusive workplace environment
- Understand what is appropriate workplace behaviour and what isn’t
- Learn ways to prevent and respond to negative workplace behaviour
Tool #4: 10-Step Inclusivity Plan
This plan suggests 10 actions employees can take to make a difference in your workplace and to make your workplace more welcoming for everyone. You should team up with others at work and complete the 10 actions together!
ACCESS THIS PLAN BY FILLING OUT THE FORM ON THIS PAGE
Tool #5: Leader Guidebook for Men
This guidebook gives insight into how men can champion and model inclusive behaviours in the workplace, and support women in their organization. You will understand how your behaviour, as a leader, influences others and how you can be a role model.
This tool is geared towards male leaders, but can and should be read by everyone – especially all people leaders.
- Gain an understanding of how to model inclusive behaviour for employees
- Learn to be a champion for gender inclusivity
- Understand what actions you can take to support female colleagues
ACCESS THIS LEADER GUIDEBOOK BY FILLING OUT THE FORM ON THIS PAGE
Tool #6: Talent Management Guide
This talent management guide provides participants with tips and actions to improve talent management processes. This guide gives you specific actions manufacturers can take to attract, recruit, and retain female employees.
This tool is geared towards HR staff and the executive team, but can and should be read by everyone.
- Learn about how you can make your workplace more inclusive through your attraction, recruitment, and retention policies and practices
- Have a list of actions the organization can feasibly take
ACCESS THIS GUIDE BY FILLING OUT THE FORM ON THIS PAGE
Tool #7: Gender Inclusion & Diversity Toolkit Roll-Out Plan
This tool gives tips and ideas on how to communicate about this toolkit (the set of tools) to employees. The goal is to make it easier for organizational leader to initiate toolkit-related communications to their employees so they can more easily spread the word about the value of the individual tools.
The goal is to make the communication and distribution plan easy for these tools, so that all staff knows about them and knows how to use them.
This resource is for your company’s executive team and communications team.
- Explaining each tool to employees
- Discussing the goal of this toolkit across the company
- Sending out emails and communications about this toolkit
ACCESS THIS ROLL-OUT PLAN BY FILLING OUT THE FORM ON THIS PAGE
CME’s Gender Inclusion and Diversity toolkit was created to build awareness and engagement around the topic, so that everyone involved in the manufacturing sector feels that they can take action to help make manufacturing more gender inclusive.
The toolkit is made for manufacturers, by manufacturers. It is open source and provides a suite of practical tools. We encourage all manufacturers across Canada to make use of them.
The tools provide a set of individual learnings and actions that manufacturers can take to help make the workplace better for everyone.
DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START?
CME and KPMG hosted a webinar to help users discover how to start the conversation to make their workplace more attractive to female talent and more inclusive to current female co-workers and, build their competitive advantage.
This webinar walks the audience through the seven tools in the kit. Fill out the form below to access this webinar and other aspects of the toolkit.
ACCESS CME’S GENDER INCLUSION & DIVERSITY TOOLKIT: