In order to be considered for the BC Technology Assessment Program, your Company must meet the following criteria:
- Be a British Columbia based manufacturer (1)
- Be an Incorporated Business (Federally or Provincially).
- Demonstrate financial stability.
- Companies are not required to be CME Members to be eligible.
(1) Manufacturer is described as involved in operations to produce or support products / services related to manufacturing, processing, fabricating or refining.
Productivity Technology Assessments by LEAN Facilitators to identify where potential operational efficiencies could be achieved.
Assessments can focus on areas such as:
- Process flow
- Quality (for example, ISO Certification)
- Waste reduction
- Environmental impact (various green certifications)
- Energy efficiency (production level)
- Information and management systems
PROJECT CRITERIA AND REVIEW PROCESS
Projects should include the following criteria:
- Technology improvements that aim to improve and modernize the manufacturing process leading to increased productivity and competitiveness;
- New additions that contribute to the economic and environmental benefits to British Columbia, including benefits expected from the project and interactions with other segments of the BC economy; and/or
- Creation of long-term employment and high-value jobs.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONFLICT OF INTEREST
All CME staff and Facilitators involved in the application review and selection process are covered by a strict Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
The Provincial Government will have access to all information upon request of the documents.
If you have any questions relating to the application process, contact: