OVERVIEW - MAKING YOUR WORKPLACE SAFER
A strong safety track record not only lowers cost, improves operational efficiency, and supports legal compliance but also drives retention, boosts employee satisfaction, and a host of other business KPIs. Safety sells itself.
The Health and Safety Excellence Program is a WSIB performance-based recognition program designed to provide a clear roadmap for Ontario businesses to improve workplace health and safety.
Over the past year, CME HSEP members have received $1.8 million back in rebates.
As an approved provider of the Health and Safety Excellence Program and a founding sponsor of the old WSIB Safety Group Program, and now the new Health and Safety Excellence Program since 2000, CME can help your organization build a health and safety program that will make all employees’ lives safer and as a bonus save you money.
SMALL BUSINESS PILOT PROGRAM
Are you a company with 1-99 employees? You currently qualify for a special WSIB Small Business Pilot that provides new HSEP members with a $1,000 payment and an opportunity to earn double the rebates!
HOW IT WORKS
1. Learn More: Attend a CME HSEP information session or contact James Ebidia, Health & Safety Excellence Program (HSEP) Specialist, to learn more about the program and the business case for health and safety.
2. Join: Choose CME as your approved provider, complete an assessment, and select 1-5 topics to work on for the year.
3. Develop: Learn and implement safety topic(s) with the support of CME.
4. Demonstrate: Submit evidence of implementation for review by a WSIB validator.
5. Achieve: Receive rebates and non-financial recognition.
Each cycle of the Health and Safety Excellence Program is 12-months. Registration is open all year long – you can join at any time.
WHY JOIN - THE CME ADVANTAGE
Joining CME’s Health and Safety Excellence Program is an investment in creating a safer workplace for you and your co-workers:
- Earn rebates and lower your premiums (Over the past year, CME HSEP members have received $1.8 million back in rebates)
- Receive public recognition badges and awards to show employees and customers your commitment to health and safety
- Obtain support and one-on-one guidance from CME’s dedicated health and safety specialist. As an industry veteran with over 30 years’ experience, James has worked with both unionized and non-unionized companies of all sizes, and he has considerable experience with health, safety, and claims management
- Gain access to networking opportunities with other manufacturers, attend regular group meetings, and share best practices
- Receive exclusive access to CME Health and Safety Excellence Program member resources
- Improve your health and safety experience and build a well-crafted and functional health and safety program
- Acquire access to exclusive discounts including: CME MadeSafe training, conferences, workshops, consulting, and a 10% discount for you AND all your employees at Mark’s Work Warehouse
- Companies require an active WSIB account to be eligible.
- Both Schedule 1 and Schedule 2 firms can participate; however, financial rebates are available for Schedule 1 firms only.
- Companies must be in good standing with the WSIB.
- $850 + HST for CME members
- $1350 + HST for Non-members
ASK US A QUESTION