Please note that employers enrolling employees in the program may be eligible for reimbursement under Canada-Provincial Job Grants. Contact your local CME representative for more information.
Have a question about registration?
CME’s Lean Level 1 (Yellowbelt) provides an in-depth introduction to Lean with an emphasis on the five core Lean principles and waste reduction. Facilitated by experts with real-world experience, this five-day program is focused on hands-on learning.
Participants complete group simulations and homework assignments to apply the tools they learn to improve company processes. It will include the importance of creating a safe and effective work environment, allowing for physical distancing and workplace sanitization routines to protect employees from potential exposure to COVID-19.
- Prior to November 13, the student works at their own pace and at a convenient time, approximately 8 hours, on the online component where participants will learn about Customer Value, 5 Principles of Lean, and 8 wastes, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Value Assessment, 5S and Standardized Work.
- Monday, November 13 for 6 hours (8:30 to 3:30) Value Stream Mapping
- Tuesday, November 14 for 6 hours (8:30 to 3:30) 5S & Standardized Work
- Prior to December 5, the student works at their own pace, approximately 4-6 hours, on the online component where participants will learn about Visual Management, Problem Solving, and will upload their required homework
- Tuesday, December 5 for 6 hours (8:30 to 3:30) Huddle Board Exercise and the start of the Case Study
- Wednesday, December 6 for 6 hours (8:30 to 3:30) Finish Case Study and Graduation