MANUFACTURING MEANS ECONOMIC GROWTH
Canada’s manufacturers account for 10% of all economic activity, nearly 10% of all jobs, and 65% of exports. The sector makes world-class products right here. All of it proudly built right here by over 1.7 million Canadians.
The reality is that today we live in a global economy. It’s a competitive landscape and all parts of the world are competing to take manufacturing jobs away from Canada. But, with the right conditions, the manufacturing sector can thrive here at home.
WHAT CANADIANS THINK ABOUT MANUFACTURERS CONTRIBUTION TO THE ECONOMY
- 90% of Canadian recognize that manufacturing is a major driver of the Canadian economy.
- 82% of Canadian think sustaining and stimulation the growth of the manufacturing sector is critical to the economy after learning the contribution of the sector.
- 84% of Canadians think it’s important for the economy to manufacture more value-added products here at home instead of exporting raw material.
We want Canada to lead the world into the exciting new future of advanced manufacturing and job creation. We know that a strong manufacturing industry means a strong Canadian economy.
That’s why we need a manufacturing strategy for Canada. One that keeps our industry competitive and powers our economy so that we can keep jobs and bring prosperity here at home.
Here are 3 steps governments can take to make it easier for Canadian manufacturers to grow our economy:
- Introduce investment support programs that are simple, open to all companies, rooted in the tax system, and focus on technology adoption and scale-up.
- Support the development and upgrading of natural resources through improved, clear, and simple regulatory processes.
- Introduce comprehensive tax reform to modernize Canada’s tax system to boost investment, exports, and productivity.
- Create an emissions-reduction fund to help industrial companies further improve their environmental performance.
- Complete a comprehensive internal trade agreement that eliminates all internal barriers to the movement of goods and people.
I agree with 86% of Canadians who believe we need a stronger manufacturing sector and, support a strategy that strengthens and grows our sector and our economy.
SIGN-UP TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!
SPOTLIGHT ON MANUFACTURERS
Find out about manufacturers who are creating good, rewarding jobs in their communities