RAPID INNOVATION DRIVES ECONOMIC GROWTH
Canada’s manufacturers are innovating rapidly both in terms of the products we create and the processes we use.
These technologies are changing the way companies design and make the products and how consumers use and interact with them. They are crucial l to ensure Canada continues to compete in the global economy.
WHAT CANADIANS THINK ABOUT INNOVATION IN THE MANUFACTURING SECTOR
- 90% of Canadians think the sector is a leader in adopting new technologies and processes after learning more about the sector.
- 88% of Canadians think the sector is a significant developer or new technology products and services after learning more about the sector.
- 82% of Canadians recognize the manufacturers invest more in research, development, and innovation than any other sector.
Innovation and commercialization of new products will create the high-skilled, high-paying jobs that Canadians wants and will make sure we are ready for tomorrow. That’s why it’s so important that Canada have a strategy, which keeps our sector globally competitive and brings our economy into the future. Government policy needs to support these innovations and, allow manufacturers to attract the right people quickly.
Here are 5 steps governments can take to help Canadian manufacturers drive innovation:
- Expand the development and upgrading of natural resources through improved, clear, and simple regulatory processes.
- Use government procurement to encourage research and development, commercialization, and business scale-up.
- Improve export support programs by increasing funding, broadening accessibility, and streamlining processes, through a single entity.
- Develop practical strategies to open new markets that expand value-added exports while protecting existing integrated North American manufacturing.
I agree with 86% of Canadians who believe we need a stronger manufacturing sector and, support a strategy that strengthens and grows our sector and our economy.
SIGN-UP TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!
SPOTLIGHT ON MANUFACTURERS
Find out about manufacturers who are driving innovation.