A Supply Chain Council (SCC) is an exclusive group of senior professionals from non-competing Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters (CME) member companies.
A SCC executive peer council provides a forum for the confidential exchange of information on a wide range of current supply chain issues. Meetings are highly interactive and participants are expected to share their experiences on various topics to help the group resolve their operations challenges. Groups also gain access to CME resources and trusted third party subject matter experts.
This Council is currently only offered in BC.
WHO CAN BENEFIT
Common participants in a SCC include Supply Chain Leaders, Directors of Logistics, Material Managers, Purchasing Managers, Demand Managers, Directors of Planning, and Inventory Specialists.
how it works
- Participants are matched with peer executives of other leading non-competing companies.
- Benefit from peer support and learning, as well as from CME resources.
- The council is coordinated and guided by a trained facilitator who has senior level nsales and marketing executive experience.
- Each month, a morning meeting is held at one of the participants’ facilities.
- Discussions are confidential.
Participation in a SCC is an opportunity exclusive to CME members in good standing.
Resolving supply chain challenges faced by small and medium sized manufacturers in today’s global environment. Supply Chain – “The global network used to deliver products and services from raw materials to end customers through an engineered flow of information, physical distribution, and cash.” – Definition from APICS
- Supply Chain best practices
- CRM and SRM process optimization
- Improving flow through Lean thinking & SC Optimization
- Process Mapping and Value Stream Mapping to add value
- Understanding customer value and engagement of employees
- Developing meaningful KPI measures and best practice metrics
- ERP implementation including SC bolt on tools i.e. (forecasting, network optimization)
- Supply and Demand Management with inventory tuning
- Training and Certification pathways, value added industry associations
- Supplier selection and management including international strategies
- Strategic Sourcing
- Channel and Distribution Strategies
- Logistics and 3PL enablement
- Reverse Supply Chains
For more information, please complete the form below. Please note, this Council is currently only offered in BC.