WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF YELLOWBELT?
Lean is all about engaging people in the spirit of continuous improvement. CME’s Lean Level I (Yellowbelt) provides an in-depth introduction to Lean with an emphasis on the five core Lean principles and waste reduction. Facilitated by experts with real-world experience, this four-day program is focused on hands-on learning.
Participants complete group simulations and homework assignments to apply the tools they learn to improve company processes.
- Prior to February 7, the student works at their own pace and at a convenient time (approximately 8 hours) participants will learn about Customer Value, 5 Principles of Lean, and 8 wastes, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Value Assessment, 5S and Standardized Work
- Wednesday, February 7 for 6 hours (8:30 to 3:30) – Value Stream Mapping
- Thursday, February 8 for 6 hours (8:30 to 3:30) – 5S & Standardized Work
- Prior to February 21, the student works at their own pace, approximately 4-6 hours, on the online component where participants will learn about Visual Management, Problem Solving, and will upload their required homework
- Wednesday, February 21 for 6 hours (8:30 to 3:30) – Huddle Board Exercise and the start of the Case Study
- Thursday, February 22 for 6 hours (8:30 to 3:30) – Complete Case Study and Graduation
*Registration closes January 19, 2024
Fill the form below to see how Yellowbelt can give you the competitive advantage you need:
HAVE A QUESTION?
Please contact Nathalia Maia via email.
Embracing a Lean philosophy is one of the most powerful things your business can do.
COURSE LENGTH & TIME COMMITMENT
- An introductory session, followed by 4 days in session; required homework/applied learning, with a period of approx. 40 hours
- Course takes place over 2 weeks
- Module 1 | Lean Overview
- Module 2 | 8 Wastes
- Module 3 | Airplane Simulation
- Module 4 | Value Stream Mapping
- Module 5 | 5S
- Module 6 l Standard Work
- Module 7 l Daily Huddles and Visual Controls
- Module 8 l Case Study and Graduation
- Understand Lean and continuous improvement principles and tools
- Develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to apply basic Lean tools and contribute fully to the problem solving or continuous improvement activities within your organization
- Be able to participate meaningfully in Lean and continuous improvement efforts
WHO CAN BENEFIT
Anyone currently engaged in Lean and continuous improvement efforts and any employee who will participate in these efforts going forward.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“Having started as one of the first six participants, we witnessed firsthand the quality of Yellowbelt training that CME offers. It was a no doubt decision that we wanted to extend this opportunity to our entire team, and with CME’s guidance, we embarked on that mission.
What stood out was CME’s commitment to our success. They were genuinely thrilled to see us wanting to invest in our employees’ growth and development. Their enthusiasm and dedication to our cause were great and inspired confidence in our decision.
The instructors were not only knowledgeable but also excellent communicators. They made the complex concepts easy to understand and encouraged questions and discussions. This interactive approach made the learning process engaging and enjoyable.
The course also included hands-on exercises and group projects, allowing us to apply what we learned in a practical setting. These activities not only reinforced our understanding but also fostered teamwork and problem-solving skills.
The experience of transitioning from Yellowbelt students to Yellowbelt champions has been transformative. The relationships we’ve built with CME’s team have evolved from instructors to partners in our mission for continuous improvement.”
Maria Isabel Anda, Human Resources Manager at Topax Protektive Packaging
“I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical at first of the concept of virtual training. Other 3rd party virtual training offerings that I have attended in the past resulted in disinterest and really lacked engagement. I am happy to say that the virtual CME Yellowbelt training not only met my expectations, but exceeded them.
The material was relevant, presented at a good pace, with engaged breakout sessions all within the virtual environment. I was so impressed with the Yellowbelt training that I sent all of my direct reports situated in Winnipeg and throughout the United States for the training immediately thereafter.
I highly recommend the CME Yellow Belt online and virtual training to anyone.”
Mark Matousek, Manufacturing Engineering Director at Carfair
“The Lean Yellowbelt training helped me add a lot of tools to my tool belt that I will be able to use in my day to day work. The online training was much better than I thought it would be; time just flew by.”
Nick Wall, Quote Systems Helpdesk at Loewen Windows and Doors