If you are interested to apply for a position, we welcome you to send your cover letter and resume to the attention of our HR Department at email@example.com. Due to volume, only those shortlisted will be contacted regarding the position.
Job Title: Coordinator, Ontario Skills Program
Reports To: Program Manager, Ontario Skills Program
Travel: Travel to/from events & meetings within the GTA (as required)
Position Summary: Provides administrative support for the Program, and coordinates training sessions and council meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scheduling meetings, training sessions and preparing supporting documents;
- Responsible for promotion of training sessions and peer councils and ensuring we reach our target audience goals;
- Onboards new Peer Council members ensuring there are no conflicts of interest, facilitates resignations of the same;
- Communicating with current members, and stakeholders on CME training initiatives and peer council meetings;
- Financial administration (reconciliations, projects, events & expenses);
- Internal and external correspondence with staff, key stakeholders, members;
- Administrative record keeping;
- Providing program support including reviewing proposals, marketing, reporting, financial administration, communications and administration;
- Support CME events such as Webinars, roundtables, and other annual events; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma;
- 2-3 years related administrative experience;
- Event coordination experience;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities while paying attention to detail;
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Proactive, and highly motivated, ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Desire and willingness to learn, and passionately committed to achieving the highest standards; and
- Manage situations with professional composure and poise.
TERM: 8 weeks full time to 16 weeks part-time, based on candidate availability
POSITION SUMMARY: The Marketing Assistant will support all activities related to providing value to our members. This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Grant and applicants must meet the qualification criteria*.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with the marketing team to bring fresh ideas and creativity in developing innovative campaigns.
• Assist with website content, creative and functionality across multiple brand platforms.
• Assist with marketing collateral in line with CME’s brand’s identity.
• Assist with databases and/or a CRM system to support business objectives.
• Analyze data and report from Google Analytics and other tools related to digital marketing channels.
• Analyze media coverage.
• Assist with internal meetings – room set-up, beverages, food, clean-up, virtual support
• Support and attend CME events
• Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives in the office and on line
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent writing, editing and proofing skills
- A keen eye for print and digital design, and a working knowledge/proficiency with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) would be an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of social media automation software a plus
- Proficiency with email management platform (e.g. Benchmark, MailChimp) is an asset
- Understanding of basic digital marketing metrics and analytics – web traffic, email metrics and social media metrics. Basic knowledge of SEO best practices is preferred.
- Holds a strong desire to uphold CME’s standard for continuous improvement, ethics and integrity within the CME team and with all outside vendors, clients and customers
**To qualify you must be between the age of15 & 30 at the start of employment and legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
To apply, forward your Cover Letter and Resume to Jill.Knaggs@cme-mec.ca with Marketing Assistant Application in the subject line of the email. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CME IS GREAT PLACE TO WORK® CERTIFIED
CME is proud to be certified as a Great Place to Work® after a thorough and independent analysis conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. This certification is based on direct feedback from employees. CME looks forward to working with staff on continuously improving its workplace culture and is committed to leading the manufacturing sector in fostering inclusion and diversity in the manufacturing sector with initiatives like Women and Manufacturing.