If you are interested to apply for a position, we welcome you to send your cover letter and resume to the attention of our HR Department at email@example.com. Due to volume, only those shortlisted will be contacted regarding the position.
Lean Facilitator - Saskatchewan
Alberta & Saskatchewan Divisional VP
Travel to events and meetings in Saskatoon and Regina and within rural SK, travel outside of SK on occasion to attend meetings and/or training.
To promote Lean philosophy within the Saskatchewan manufacturing community, to be an expert resource on Lean and to provide facilitation for training, consortium, events and coaching. To work collaboratively within the CME Learning Academy to advance training capabilities across the organization.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be an expert resource on Lean philosophy for CME Saskatchewan, CME members and the whole Saskatchewan manufacturing community
- Promote Lean with Saskatchewan manufacturing business owners and executives
- Facilitate and grow the Lean Consortia, providing Lean expertise and guidance to the individual member companies. Facilitate annual Strategic Planning for the Consortia.
- Conduct two-day Lean Assessments (and facilitate one-day Lean Strategic Planning workshops as necessary) for the designated Consortium member companies.
- Work with national designate for training academy to ensure methods and messages are consistent.
- Deliver all Lean programs and training workshops as required.
- Provide Lean support services such as conducting Lean Assessments, facilitating Kaizen Events and delivering Lean Training to Saskatchewan manufacturing companies.
- Provide Lean consultancy support to key non-manufacturing organization.
- Work with Marketing & Communications to promote Lean programs and share success stories.
- Aggregate members needs and recommend new programs and services.
- Provide annual budget and targets for the Lean program.
- Prepare, report on progress and provide details to support funded programs. NRC-IRAP
- Support and attend CME events as required, represent CME Saskatchewan at events within the Province.
- Demonstrate the value CME brings to Saskatchewan manufacturers. Actively support recruitment activities to grow the membership in Saskatchewan.
- Provide information to prospective CME members on the entire program & services provided by CME.
- Promote all CME events & programs.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives to support the organization’s commitment to operational excellence.
- Lean Black Belt certification preferred
- Lean Master Black Belt certification as asset
- Adult Instructor/Education certification an asset
- Minimum 5 years manufacturing experience, preferably with a minimum of 3 years Lean implementation experience.
- Proven project management skills including the ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines; strong attention to detail as well as the ability to work with colleagues, are essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with all stakeholders – internal and external – are essential. Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Holds a strong desire to uphold CME’s standard for continuous improvement, ethics and integrity within the CME team and with all outside vendors, clients and customers.
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Valid passport required
CHIEF ECONOMIST - ONTARIO
SVP Policy & Government Relations
Up to 15%, as needed
The Chief Economist is CME’s lead researcher, writer and authority on economic issues as they relate to manufacturers and exporters. He or she is a senior member of the National Policy team and plays a key role in setting the policy direction of the organization. The Chief Economist supports and buttresses CME’s policy positions and messaging through numerical analysis and communication to member companies, partner organizations and government policymakers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Senior Vice President to develop and execute CME’s major national research projects and strategic policy positions;
- Act as primary researcher, writer and editor for major CME policy publications, including the Management Issues Survey and ongoing issue surveys and consultations;
- Lead CME’s national macroeconomic analysis; forecasting; survey design and execution; and economic impact assessment activities to support policy positioning with government;
- Produce regular publications monitoring the health of the Canadian economy generally, and of manufacturing and exporting specifically;
- Serve as a credible advocate and spokesperson at events and with broadcast, print, and media. Be a thought leader. Represent CME in relevant external forums.
- Engage with National Board and large-company members on economic and policy issues;
- Provide economic analysis and research support to CME’s communications team and provincial offices on an ongoing basis;
- Speak at conferences and events as CME’s recognized authority on economic issues and as a key member of the national policy team;
- Represent CME and member interests at government meetings as needed;
- Supports the growth of CME membership and member services; and
- Direct or supervise junior staff as required
- 8+ years of progressive experience in economics, public policy or related fields;
- MA in Economics or equivalent preferred;
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian economy, as well as issues, trends and policy developments that impact the manufacturing and exporting community
- Excellent writing, analytical, numeracy, research and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills; ability to develop and execute long-term projects in a timely and reliable manner, and to balance those projects against short-term priorities
- Ability to work in a dynamic and flexible environment. Candidate must be self-motivating and equally comfortable managing projects independently or as part of a team.
- Bilingualism (English, French) is an asset
Date Reviewed: August 2019