If you are interested to apply for a position, we welcome you to send your cover letter and resume to the attention of our HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to volume, only those shortlisted will be contacted regarding the position.
DIRECTOR, PROGRAM MANAGEMENT - ONTARIO
CME is Canada’s largest and most influential industry and trade association. Since 1871, its mandate has been to enhance the competitiveness and growth of Canada’s manufacturing sector, and help Canadian companies win business in markets around the world. The association champions the importance of manufacturing and exporting for Canadians and the Canadian economy by advocating on behalf of its members, drawing public attention to the achievements of Canadian companies, commenting on industrial and economic issues in the media, and setting forth an ambitious vision for the future of manufacturing and international business.
The Director, Program Management reports directly to the VP, Ontario Operations & Member Engagement.
The Director, Program Management will provide oversight and leadership on all Ontario programs, ensuring the timely completion of program deliverables while meeting or exceeding quality standards. The Director will be responsible for writing program proposals (Government & Self-funded), identifying and recommending sustainable funding opportunities for the division, and working directly with external stakeholders and funders on program proposals. The Director will also provide additional support on divisional events and projects that CME leads to engage current and future members. They will work collaboratively with the Ontario Membership team, Policy team and others to provide excellent customer service to enhance engagement among members regarding programing and events in Ontario. They will provide support and champion strategic initiatives for the Ontario Division, as well as CME as a whole as it fits into the ONECME mandate.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the management and leadership of all ON programs and projects, including identifying opportunities in collaboration with the National Policy team where appropriate, creation and submission of proposals, planning, direct program management activities or overseeing appropriate program management resources, budget tracking and overall management reporting of all Ontario programs, including both self-funded and government-funded;
- Develops and implements standard processes for the management and reporting of all Ontario programs, including status reports, KPI’s and financial summaries;
- Ensuring that new and existing divisional programs support the acquisition and retention of CME membership through outreach and engagement initiatives;
- Oversees the development and performance management of all program staff;
- Collaborates with National Policy team for all government related programs and initiatives;
- Works collaboratively with the Finance team to ensure all ON programs and initiatives are budgeted for appropriately;
- Supports the National Policy team on all ON programs, initiatives and related activities, including participating in the planning, member solicitation and logistics coordination;
- Responsible for the planning, member solicitation and execution of all ON programs, initiatives and provides support to Policy team as needed for events within the division;
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND CREDENTIALS
- Bachelors or Master’s level education achieved in Program or Project Management, Business Development, (or equivalent);
- PMP designation required;
- 5+ years in a not-for-profit program management role with direct responsibility for sourcing and acquiring new program offerings;
- 5+ years’ experience with writing proposals and successfully procuring government funding;
- 5+ years’ experience managing projects, including: report writing, budgets, proposals, timelines, internal and external stakeholders, liaising with government, etc.;
- Experience working with manufacturers and a variety of stakeholders considered an asset;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; including MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Experience with managing performance and giving direction to multiple direct reports on a variety of projects;
- Strong business written and oral communications required to write and speak with senior manufacturing and government executives;
- Knowledge of, and previous experience dealing with, industry associations and the non-profit industry considered an asset;
- Good understanding of the operation and structure of government and relevant trade organizations and funding agencies;
- Ability to build rapport and work with inter-departmental teams and external stakeholders;
- Results oriented and well-organized with a sense of urgency, and an ability to meet deadlines;
- French communications ability (writing, reading, and speaking) considered an asset.
CO-ORDINATOR, MARKETING & DESIGN - OTTAWA
FULL-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY
Are you a graphic designer or marketing professional who is excited about the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects in a fast-pace environment? Here is your opportunity to join our team! CME represents manufacturers across the country in our mission to help manufacturers grow.
The incumbent will report to the Director of Communications and will be responsible for the design, production, and execution of branded material. This includes, but is not limited to, conceptualization, design and layout, and pre-press of finished material. Additionally, the incumbent will assist the Communication team with content management on the website and other digital publications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLIITIES
- Collaborating with internal parties to develop and deliver branded collateral to support CME’s communications and marketing strategy.
- Revamping marketing collateral in line with CME’s brand’s identity.
- Providing design elements, templates, and finished solutions.
- Ensuring consistency of brand across the company and proposing improvements as needed.
- Executing email marketing campaigns
- Supporting content management, and optimization of CME’s online presence including websites, landing pages, social media and other electronic publications and applications.
- Evaluating user experience, speed and SEO of websites and optimizing to reach marketing goals.
- Staying up-to-date on new and developing design & web technologies and trends.
- Bringing fresh ideas and creativity in developing innovative campaigns in partnership with the Marketing and Communications team
- Other duties may be assigned.
COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- 2-5 years of related experience
- College degree or diploma in Graphic Design, Marketing Communications or related discipline
- Strong portfolio
- Bilingualism (French and English) required
- A keen eye for design, and proficiency with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) and, the Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to plan and prioritize multiple project simultaneously and work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail, testing and quality control at every step
- Proficiency with WordPress and HTML is an asset
- Proficiency with email management platform (e.g. Campaign Monitor, Benchmark, MailChimp) is an asset
- Understanding of basic digital marketing metrics and analytics – web traffic, email metrics and social media metrics. Basic knowledge of SEO best practices is preferred
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com