WHAT IS LEAN
Embracing a Lean philosophy is one of the most powerful things your business can do.
Labour shortages and productivity issues continue to be at the forefront of manufacturer concerns. CME’s extensive suite of Lean programs and services are the answer. With more than 2,000 participants engaged in Lean training last year alone, CME supports hundreds of companies in their productivity and engagement journeys, from coast-to-coast.
Lean is a proven strategy for engaging employees to deliver more value to customers in less time and, with less effort. The core concepts of Lean aim to create a better flow of information, product or service and to spend more time adding value and less time on wasteful activities.
Designed for manufacturers by manufacturers, CME training aims to help manufacturers across the country to improve their operations, their competitiveness and their bottom line.
WHY CHOOSE LEAN
Lean is about engaging employees. Harnessing the power of people, from the shop floor to the c-suite, in the spirit of continuous improvement drives growth and benefits employees, customers and stakeholders alike.
Companies that adopt Lean as a strategy develop a culture that allows them to scale up while remaining nimble, flexible, agile and above all else, hyper-focused on the needs of the customer – a distinct competitive advantage in today’s global economy.
five key principles
1. Credibility: thousands trained every year
2. Experience: CME facilitators across the country have more than 350 combined years’ of operational leadership experience
3. Quality: graduates give CME training programs consistently outstanding reviews.
4. Hands-on: A ‘learn by doing’ approach tailored to the needs of the manufacturing environment sets CME apart
5. Continuity: Our most popular training sessions are offered across the country and delivered with the same level of excellence. We offer a range of courses to help companies progress to the next step, regardless of where they are in their journey.
Benefits of Lean
Popularized in North America by Toyota, and the Toyota Way, Lean is more than a management system. It’s a culture of continuous engagement that drives an organization at every level to put the customer first and identify and eliminate waste at every opportunity, freeing up the capacity to do more.
Benefits of Lean include:
- Increased Employee Engagement
- Improved Production Capacity
- Increased Team Productivity
- Reduced Lead Time
- Reduced Cycle Times
- More Efficient Business Processes
- Reduce Process Complexity
- Better Management of Changing Priorities
- Better Project Visibility at the Team Level
- Better Use / Improvements to Square Footage
- Increased Team Morale
- Improved Visibility to Stakeholders
- Improved Safety Performance
- Reduced Costs
- Predictable Delivery of Customer Value
and much, much more.
CME programs are qualified for a number of funding programs and subsidies, from coast to coast; including Canada-Provincial Jobs Grants. For details on how CME can support your through the application process, contact your local CME representative.
Frequently asked questions
Have a general question? Fill the form below.
Related CME Programs
Leadership Development Program – WIM
Through the Women in Manufacturing initiative, a special women’s-only session of this popular course is available for fall intake only. By delivering CME’s best-in-class leadership training in a women’s-only learning environment, participants will develop a powerful network of peers and advocates. Participants are supported by mentors from the same company who coach learners to apply workshop teachings to the workplace. As an added bonus, women who do not have access to a female mentor within their own organization have the option to be matched with a female manufacturing business leader to complement their learning.