Lean is all about engaging people in the spirit of continuous improvement and CME Lean Level 1 (Yellowbelt) provides an in-depth introduction to Lean with an emphasis on the five core Lean principles and waste reduction. Facilitated by experts with real-world experience, this four-day program is focused on hands-on learning. This training can be taken in-person, online or remote facilitated.
Participants complete group simulations and homework assignments to apply the tools they learn to improve company processes. It will include the importance of creating a safe and effective work environment, allowing for physical distancing and workplace sanitization routines to protect employees from potential exposure to COVID-19.
Fill the form below to see how our Lean Yellowbelt course can give you the competitive advantage you need this year:
IN PERSON & REMOTE FACILITATED
- Prior to Day 1, the student works at their own pace and at a convenient time, approximately 8 hours, on the online component where participants will learn about Customer Value, 5 Principles of Lean, and 8 wastes, Kaizen, Lean Culture, Value Stream Mapping, Value Assessment, 5S and Standardized Work.
- Prior to Day 1, the student works at their own pace, approximately 1 hour, on the online component where they review the material on Value Stream Mapping and participate in discussion topics on the subject.
- Day 1 – 7 hours (8:30 to 3:30) Value Stream Mapping: Visualizing and understanding the process will clearly highlight issues that lead to unfavourable conditions.
- Prior to Day 2, the student works at their own pace, approximately 1 hour, on the online component where they review the material on 5S and Standard Work, and participate in discussion topics on the subject.
- Day 2 – 7 hours (8:30 to 3:30) 5S & Standardized Work: Workplace Organization is essential to facilitating the flow of work, and creating a standard work environment will provide a solid foundation to problem solving and improvements.
- Prior to Day 3, the student works at their own pace, approximately 1 hour, on the online component where they review the material on Huddles and Problem Solving and participate in discussion topics on the subject.
- Day 3 – 7 hours (8:30 to 3:30) Huddle Boards, Visual Controls, and Problem Solving: Alignment and communication of expected and actual performance is critical when striving for excellence. The tools learned during Yellowbelt helps participants become part of the growing army of problem solvers within their organization.
- Day 4 – 7 hours (8:30 to 3:30) Case Study and Graduation
Online courses are offered in central time unless otherwise noted.
- Day 1 – 7 hours (8:30 to 3:30) – Airplane Simulation
Prior to Day 1, the student works at their own pace, approximately 2 hours, on the online component where participants will learn about Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Value Assessment
- Day 2 – 7 hours (8:30 to 3:30) – VSM exercise
Prior to Day 2, the student works at their own pace, approximately 2 hours, on the online component where participants will learn about 5S and Standard Work
- Day 3 – 5 hours (8:30 to 3:30) – 5S and Standard work Exercise
Prior to Day 3, the student works at their own pace, approximately 2 hours, on the Online component where participants will learn about Visual Management, Problem Solving, Huddle Board Exercise, and will upload their required homework.
Homework: 1-3 hours, depending on what the student chooses for their assignment
- Day 4– 7 hours (8:30 to 3:30) – Finish Case Study and Graduation
Costs may vary by province and may be eligible for government funding. Select your preferred location to view the prices for CME members and non-members.
UPDATED CANCELLATION POLICY
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, CME has adjusted our cancellation policies to allow members the greatest flexibility to put health and safety first while benefiting from the world-class training CME provides. Cancellations received in writing 10 days prior to the first day of the course will be reimbursed 100 per cent of the purchase price. Cancellations received fewer than 10 business days are eligible for a 50 per cent reimbursement. Participants who are not able to attend an in-person session due to illness or self-isolation will be offered the opportunity to participate virtually where possible, or to send a delegate in their stead (for single-day sessions or where missed day occurs on day one of a multi-day course).
Where neither is an option, CME will apply a credit or allow the participant to re-enroll at a later session start date to continue their learning at no additional cost.
Prior exposure to Lean is a benefit. CME’s Lean 101 (online, in person or learn at your own pace options available) or equivalent training or experience is strongly recommended. Unsure if you qualify for direct entry into Yellowbelt? Contact email@example.com to discuss your readiness to get started today!
COURSE LENGTH & TIME COMMITMENT
- An introductory session, followed by 5 days in session; required homework/applied learning, with a period of 40 hours
- Course takes place over 6 weeks
- Module 1 | Lean Overview
- Module 2 | 8 Wastes
- Module 3 | Airplane Simulation
- Module 4 | Value Stream Mapping
- Module 5 | 5S
- Module 6 l Standard Work
- Module 7 l Daily Huddles and Visual Controls
- Module 8 l Case Study and Graduation
- Understand Lean and continuous improvement principles and tools
- Develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to apply basic Lean tools and contribute fully to the problem solving or continuous improvement activities within the organization
- Be able to participate meaningfully in Lean and continuous improvement efforts
WHO CAN BENEFIT
Anyone currently engaged in Lean and continuous improvement efforts and any employee who will participate in these efforts going forward.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“Loewen has been a member of CME for many years. We have participated in many of CME’s Lean training programs over the years and have always been very happy with the services CME provides.
In 2020, Covid has forced everyone to do business differently. Once again, CME stepped up and developed training programs that we could participate in virtually. Having participated in CME Lean programs in the past and knowing they have first-class trainers, we were confident enough in their ability that we registered 23 of our plant and office leaders in the virtual Lean Yellowbelt program. We were not disappointed.
Over the years Loewen has been a firm believer in the value of applying Lean principles. In the last five years, we have improved our productivity by 31% through eliminating waste in our processes. This wasn’t through implementing large capital projects: this was everyone pulling together finding waste and removing it. “
Todd Le Roy, VP Manufacturing at Loewen Windows
“I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical at first of the concept of virtual training. Other 3rd party virtual training offerings that I have attended in the past resulted in disinterest and really lacked engagement. I am happy to say that the virtual CME Yellowbelt training not only met my expectations, but exceeded them.
The material was relevant, presented at a good pace, with engaged breakout sessions all within the virtual environment. I was so impressed with the Yellow Belt training that I sent all of my direct reports situated in Winnipeg and throughout the United States for the training immediately thereafter.
I highly recommend the CME Yellow Belt online and virtual training to anyone.”
Mark Matousek, Manufacturing Engineering Director at Carfair
“I thoroughly enjoyed the Lean Level 1 Yellowbelt Course. The instructor gave us great resources and tools that can be used in both our home and work environments. We all have “wastes” that we encounter daily and to be able to identify and eliminate them, even if they are small, can make a huge difference in the outcome. CME provided an excellent virtual learning experience as they adapted their course to meet our company’s needs. I am super excited to promote and use what I learnt to help our company pursue excellence.”
Justina Unger, Invoicing Coordinator at Friesens Corporation
“The lean yellowbelt training helped me add a lot of tools to my tool belt that I will be able to use in my day to day work. The online training was much better than I thought it would be; time just flew by.”
Nick Wall, Quote Systems Helpdesk at Loewen Windows and Doors