CME and WorkSafeBC are hosting workshops to educate employers on main recommendations on how to perform an incident investigation for Musculoskeletal injuries and a Health and Safety Managament System.
who should attend
This workshop is ideal for leaders, managers, safety professionals, operations personnel and manufacturing specialists.
February 23, 2023 - Musculoskeletal Injury Incident Investigation
What you will discover
- Discover the risk MSI overexertion injuries present in manufacturing workplaces
- Learn about ergonomic basics: Risk factors, risk assessment and controls
- Discover the benefits of investigating MSIs in your workplace
Tami Der, OHS Consultant, OHS Consultation and Education Services, WorkSafeBC
Tami brings over 27 years of WorkSafeBC experience to her role as an Occupational Health and Safety Consultant. Tami has been involved with WorkSafeBC MSI Initiative from the beginning. In her previous role, Tami supported the Prevention Division, by developing and delivering specialty training for Prevention Officers designed to prepare them for inspecting workplaces, identifying hazards and risk such as MSI.
May 10, 2023 - Health and Safety Management
Employers must ensure the health and safety of all their workers. As part of this, employers must establish occupational health and safety policies and programs and other suitable systems to manage for health and safety. This webinar will provide a framework to help you do that effectively. The content will touch on minimum requirements and go into detail for managing health and safety through a Plan, Do, Check, Act approach. This approach is an iterative process for continual improvement to support your occupational health and safety management system.
What you will discover:
- Discover the definition and fundamentals of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- Learn how to prevent workers from being injured or ill at work.
- Discover the minimum Health and Safety Requirements
- Learn how to implement a Plan Check Do Act Approach