Touring non-competing manufacturers provide a glimpse into their systems, processes, and everyday tasks. Learn operational best practices and see how others are successful at it.
Meet Our Hosts
Since establishing in 1995 in Poole, Dorset, Lush has been driven by innovation and its ethics. Creators of pioneering beauty products such as the fizzing bath bomb, shower jellies and solid shampoo bars, we place emphasis on fresh ingredients like organic fruits and vegetables, fight against animal testing and combat over-packaging by developing products that can be sold ‘naked’ to the customer without any packaging.
Purdys is a Canadian family-owned chocolatier with a rich history. Their founder, Richard Carmon Purdy, started selling homemade chocolates in downtown Vancouver in 1907. They source premium-quality ingredients from around the world, and choose local options whenever possible. Everything they make at Purdys is crafted with only 100% sustainable cocoa. They pay a premium for cocoa to ensure their farmer partners and co-ops are supported by programs that improve their profit and the livelihoods of their families.
what to expect
- Visit 2 manufacturers within the same vicinity; plant tours will be conducted by the host companies.
- Plant Tours will vary from 45 mins-1 hour depending on the size of the facility.
10-15 mins will be reserved at the end of the tour for Q&A with the host company.
- Between 12-15 (participants may be split into two groups during plant tour walkthrough.)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This workshop is ideal for leaders, managers, operations personnel, and manufacturing specialists.
- A confidentiality agreement may be required depending on the manufacturer.
- Registration does not guarantee tour acceptance. Host company may reject participation due to conflict of interest. Full refund will be provided if participation is rejected.
- Access to vehicle for ease of transportation between manufacturing facilities