CME Manitoba is proud to announce the Manufacturing Trades and Technology Program Scholarship. As part of our mission, we want to support and prepare the next generation for a career in manufacturing. CME has a history of nearly 150 years supporting and advocating for manufacturers in Canada. A large part of a successful manufacturing sector in Canada is skilled labour. Through the support of this scholarship we are eager to grow that skilled labour pool in Manitoba and help you become part of that success.
Students entering post-secondary with the goal of entering the manufacturing industry upon completion of their program or graduation are eligible to apply for a $2,000 scholarship. Preference will be given to those pursuing a career in welding, supply chain, mill wright, CNC machining, machining, mechanical engineering and industrial engineering.
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident (PR)
- Plan to enroll or are enrolled in one of the recognized and authorized Manitoba post-secondary institutions for the upcoming academic year in one of the above listed disciplines
- Have completed a high school diploma or earned a GED
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a program that will lead to a career in manufacturing
- Individuals who intend to build a manufacturing career in Manitoba
HOW TO APPLY?
- Write a 500 word essay that includes:
– Tell us about yourself
– Why you want a career in manufacturing
– Your short and long term goals
– How you see your career benefiting your community
- Submit your essay using the following file name format:
– “Lastname.Firstname – CMEScholarship”
– Include your full name, address, email and phone number on your entry
- Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “CME Scholarship Application”