MANUFACTURING MEANS GOOD JOBS
Manufacturing means good jobs. 1.7 million Canadians are directly employed in high-wage, skilled manufacturing careers ranging from technical trades and software to engineers and customer service. Manufacturing also generates 120 billion in wages not yo mention millions of spin-off jobs.
WHAT CANADIANS THINK ABOUT MANUFACTURING JOBS
- 32% of Canadians are employed, or have a family member who is employed by the manufacturing sector.
- 93% of Canadians who work, or have a family member who works for the manufacturing sector would recommend a job in the sector.
- 9 out of 10 Canadians think it is time for the government to invest more in skills training so more Canadians can develop the skills they need to have a thriving and rewarding career in the manufacturing sector.
This election is a turning point for us. Regardless of who wins, it’s time to develop a Canada-made manufacturing strategy that will give manufacturers the competitive edge needed to thrive in the years ahead.
We want skilled jobs created right here in Canada and, we want to develop Canadians skills so they can get the job done better than anywhere else. Areas like computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence all present opportunities for Canadian to lead the world into the future.
Manufacturing creates these opportunities. By building a thriving manufacturing sector, we make sure our kids are able to put their education to work right here at home.
Here are 3 steps governments can take to help manufacturers hire more Canadians:
- Introduce and modernize investment support programs to make them simple, open to all manufacturers, rooted in the tax system, and focused on tech adoption, environmental performance, employee training, and scale-up.
- Encourage youth engagement in skilled trades through open-door awareness programs and funding for work-integrated learning.
- Reform immigration to increase both entry-level and highly-skilled workers coming to Canada.
SIGN-UP TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!
SPOTLIGHT ON MANUFACTURERS
Find out about manufacturers who are creating good, rewarding jobs in their communities