Sales, Marketing and Exporting Council (SMEC)
A Sales, Marketing and Exporting Council (SMEC) is an exclusive group of senior representatives from non-competing CME member companies interested in expanding sales into markets outside of British Columbia.
A SMEC is a forum for the confidential exchange of information on a wide range of business development issues for local and international markets. Meetings are highly interactive and participants are expected to share their experiences on various topics to help the group resolve their challenges. Groups also gain access to CME resources and trusted third party subject matter experts.
This Council is currently only offered in BC.
WHO CAN BENEFIT
Common participants in a SMEC include Vice-Presidents, Directors and Senior Managers of Marketing, Sales and/or Business Development, and International Business Development.
how it works
- Participants are matched with peer executives of other leading non-competing companies.
- Benefit from peer support and learning, as well as from CME resources.
- The council is coordinated and guided by a trained facilitator who has senior level sales and marketing executive experience.
- Each month, a morning meeting is held at one of the participants’ facilities.
- Discussions are confidential.
Participation in a SMEC is an opportunity exclusive to CME members in good standing.
Resolving sales, marketing, business development, and international trade challenges.
• Business development best-practices
• Market opportunity research
• Lead identification
• Customer relationship management
• Business to Business and member to member nsupplier opportunities
• Working with distributors and agents
• Market growth
• International opportunities
• Tips for foreign market entry
For more information, please complete the form below. Please note, this Council is currently only offered in BC.